Thursday, May 30, 2013

Gateway to Life

Presented by Kingdom News Daily 

In John 14:6, Jesus says, "I am the way, the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."  In the first sentence in the Gospel of John, the beloved disciple reveals that our Lord is the Word.  This context explains that Christ's statement refers to His word, which is the Bible.  God's truth in the Bible is what we must obey in order to receive the gift of Eternal Life.  And yet, to many Christians this remains a secret.  Why?  Well, because they don't read the Bible much, outside of Sunday service.  If this describes your routine, I recommend you try making KNN your Homepage and read the Bible Gateway "Verse of the Day," when you first open your computer browser.  Let's take a look at today's verse:   


In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 56:4 NIV

I mean, not much need be said after that, right?  Nothing I've ever read has been more inspiring and motivational than a Bible verse.  Starting your day with a verse, such as this and setting it in your mind might be the most important thing you do all day.  Meditating on God's word is equivalent to silent prayer.  The next step is speaking it in faith.  Go back now and instead of just reading Psalm 56:4, speak it into the atmosphere.  Let it precede you, let it be your gateway to a victorious day.

No comments:

Post a Comment